- Dates: 28rd March to 30th March 2014 - 3 days riding
- The event is registered in the UCI Cycling Calendar for the first time this year!!!
- The course is designed to be all-rounded! it offers a challenge to the competitive riders, while at the same it can be completed by the "Cycling for All" riders at their own pace.
- Each riding day is approximately 80km to 100km long with altitude gain of +1500m to +1700m
- 3-DAY (2-Nights) participation package with extended stay options for overseas participants and their peers. Package price and hotels will be announced soon!
- The event is under the Cyprus Cycling Federation auspices.
- Volkswagen Cyprus Cycling Tour 2014 will be raising funds for supporting the Free Services, Support Programs and Awareness Program of Larnaka Anti-Drug Association (SYKANA)
The Volkswagen Cyprus Cycling Tour 2014 is a three day Road "Cycling for All" event that will take place in Cyprus during March 2014 for a third year in a row. It's an event where professional and amateur riders will ride shoulder to shoulder, climb the nicest Cyprus Mountains and enjoy the Cyprus weather and nature.
Our idea is to bring passionate cyclists together, on the bike, enjoy the amazing Cyprus nature and have fun in a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.
Starting from the course we have designed a challenging, interesting and beautiful course for all three days of the event. Starting every day from the Mediterranean coast, climbing some of the nicest mountains of the island and passing through many traditional villages, will offer the participants an unforgettable experience. It is this compactness of Cyprus that gives a unique experience to a cyclist who wants to have everything in just one ride! We will give you this experience everyday for three consecutive days!
Looking to create a comfortable environment for your free-of-cycling time, we have chosen the best Hotels in Paphos. These hotels include facilities that can make you relax and enjoy your off-the-bike time during the Volkswagen Cyprus Cycling Tour 2014. Also, the hotels' facilities can be a great solution for your family while you are enjoying your Cycling.
Cyprus for Cycling
Cyprus is a biker’s paradise and it’s not just because of the guaranteed sunshine. Granted the excellent weather conditions prevailing on the island mean cycling can be enjoyed almost throughout the year. And, unlike other European or Mediterranean countries, strong headwinds are rare.
But it is the island’s compactness that is its main attraction, offering rapid changes of terrain and scenery on even the shortest cycling routes. Within the space of 10 km you can go from steep to flat, enabling you to experience all surfaces within a short period of time, and making the island into one huge cycling arena.
A number of bike centres are available on the island offering rental services, route information, guide assistance and support. They can organise your journey to take you through a varied landscape combining mountain views, rugged coastlines, tranquil vineyards and olive groves and fascinating ancient ruins.
Something for your family and friends
As many participants will like to stay close with their family and friends during the Volkswagen Cyprus Cycling Tour 2014, we have organized special family arrangements for accommodation and entertainment. The arrangements contain accommodation in the same hotels as the participants. The transportation from town to town where the tour goes, will be organized with buses and will combine a special excursion in Rural Cyprus so as to create a different experience for the family. More information for the family and friends packages you can find in our accommodation section.
Also if you like to have an extended stay in Cyprus to enjoy your holiday before or after the event there are various Hotels to choose from with special prices for the participants and their friends and families.